The Lily Foundation is the UK’s leading “Mito” charity, raising awareness, supporting families and funding research to support families and patients with mitochondrial disease.
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong, dynamic communicator with a thirst for medical knowledge and a passion for research.
You would become a “patient expert”, who can deliver an engagement programme to communicate the needs of our mito patients with researchers, clinicians and industry. You would drive forward research, improve access to medicines and technological advances whilst raising awareness of the disease across all areas.
Come and join our growing charity that is changing people’s lives.
What you will be doing:
- Build strong relationships with medical professional, patients, linked organisations, regulators, policy makers, pharma and industry advocating the needs of mito patients and to improve their well – being
- Organise and co-ordinate patient focus groups to develop a strong knowledge of their well-being, mental health and community needs leading to the initiation of new processes and technology to improve their lives.
- Manage The Lily Foundation’s portfolio of grant awarded research projects and identify collaboration opportunities through the investigation of new global science and research developments within the field of mitochondrial disease.
- Engage the mito community, working with the Marketing Team to provide the content for the promotion of research project news, relevant scientific stories and medical information through social platforms and printed materials.
- Manage and develop technology projects designed to improve the well-being of patients with mito. Attend seminars, create project plans, understand patient usage and train participants.
- Plan and attend medical conferences and patient information days
You will have:
- A science/nursing background
- Good communication skills
- The ability to be highly organised and thrive under pressure
- The ability to be a team player who can work under their own initiative
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- A passion for research and a thirst for medical knowledge
- A strong drive to improve the lives of mito patients
We would consider applications for a 4 or 5 day week.
To apply please send your CV by 1st December 2021, with a covering letter explaining why you are right for this job, to [email protected]