10 reasons why Lily loves you this Valentines Day
12 February 2018
Lily loves you because…
- With your support we have been able to invest over £1 million to fund medical research into mitochondrial diseases.
- Thanks to you, an additional £600,000 of Lily funding is pledged for research in treatments over the next 3 years.
- Without you we could not launch initiatives like the Lily Exome Sequencing Project, a ground-breaking diagnostic technique whereby 1000s of genes can be analysed at the same time. Healthy children, free from mitochondrial disease, have been born thanks to this advance.
- In 2015 we successfully lobbied to change the law on mitochondrial cell donation, an IVF technique that makes it possible for women with some forms of mitochondrial disease to have children who don't have the condition. We couldn't have achieved this without you!
- Your donations have helped to fund advanced diagnostic programmes that have enabled 70% of the families tested to receive a confirmed or highly probable genetic diagnosis.
- Your amazing fundraising efforts mean we can provide ongoing support to over 320 families affected by mitochondrial disease.
- Thanks to your generosity, we’ve been able to invest £120,500 into family hospital accommodation so families can be closer to their loved ones in times of distress.
- With your support we have donated much needed short leisure breaks at Center Parcs to over 60 families of children with special care needs.
- By donating to the Lily's Helping Hand scheme, you’ve helped us provide over £25,000 in specialist care equipment for families.
- And finally, Lily loves you because your support means we can host regular meet-ups and events for families affected by mitochondrial disease, including the Lily Family Weekend. And that way, the love spreads!
Happy Valentine's Day!